ILKLEY CONCERT CLUB
This policy statement describes the way Ilkley Concert Club (“ICC”) manages the personal information it holds.
ICC holds the following categories of personal information.
- Names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of members supplied when they apply for annual subscriptions.
- A record of members subscription payments, donations and seat allocations.
- A list of non-members’ names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses, obtained either when they fill in an annual season subscription form or complete an Opt In form when enquiring about ICC or buying a ticket for an ICC single concert.
The information is securely stored and managed in a Concert Club Management Database (CMS) administered by a Committee Member. Email address lists are additionally stored and managed by MailChimp, an Email Marketing Company, which provides an unsubscribe option on all emails sent on ICC’s behalf.
Personal data is used for the following purposes:
- To produce postal mailing lists (name/address labels) for annual brochures, tickets and AGM papers.
- To contact members on administrative matters.
- In exceptional instances to contact members about other King’s Hall concerts or events of direct interest or benefit to ICC members.
- To contact members and non-members about ICC concerts, events and programme changes.
- Contact is principally by email, however those without email as a preferred method of communication will be contacted by post or phone.
ICC does not share any of the information with other organisations.
Use of information about members is based on Legitimate Interest: that is, its use is part of the natural process of running ICC and serving its members, and consent to use the data in this way is implicit in its provision. The personal data of non-members is used only with their explicit consent.
Information about members is retained as long as they continue their membership. When membership ceases, personal data is deleted unless there is a request to continue to receive information from ICC, in which case the data is transferred to the list of non-members. If we have had no contact from a non-member for 3 years their information is deleted.
ICC’s Treasurer also maintains Gift Aid Forms (Paper Copies) and associated HMRC Gift Aid Submissions (Electronic) per the time scales defined in the current HMRC Gift Aid legislation.
The policy is the responsibility of the ICC Committee, with the Chairman charged with monitoring its implementation. Named members of the Committee manage the CMS and MailChimp information databases; only other committee members and delegated individuals have access to the data in accordance with this policy.
Dated 19 May 2023 To be reviewed 19 May 2025